Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit PRESSROOM
First Annual Mexology Fest Combines Mixology and Mexican Traditions at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, November 2-3
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (September 15, 2023) - From November 2-3, the AAA Five Diamond Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit will host its first Mexology Fest celebrating the best of Mexican tradition and mixology innovation. Included in the nightly rate for resort guests, the event for both cocktail aficionados and novices alike promises two full days of engaging workshops, tastings, and spirited evenings led by internationally acclaimed mixologists from both Mexico and the United States. From a look into the craftsmanship of tequila with a Master Distiller to Painting & Pairing where attendees can create their own plant-based inks while sipping on Raicilla, themed festivities complement the resort's major food scene and idyllic setting on the Pacific coast of Mexico. Travelers will learn to taste the most iconic distillates of Mexico, delve into their rich history and the art of their creation, and get an up close view of master artisans and global mixologists while indulging in favorite cocktails and mocktails with delightful surprises. A celebration of both cocktails and catrinas for Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) and a takeover of the bar by Mexico City's Licoreria Limantour, consecutively named The Best Bar in North America in the 50 Best list, complete the event with top notch nightlife. Inspired by a shared commitment to sustainability and well-being, Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit has also teamed up with the celebrity beverage brand Caliwater, started by Vanessa Hudgens and Oliver Trevena, to offer antioxidant-rich beverages which will be served in a variety of cocktails and mocktails during the event. Event sponsor Tequila Tromba will provide a distillery workshop with founder, Master Distiller Marco Cedano, and his son Rodrigo Cedano, Master and Apprentice. The two visionaries are at the forefront of a new tequila revolution; one that reveres time-honored wisdom and experience, while embracing the endless possibilities of today. Tequila Tromba upholds its roots in authentic old-world tradition, infused with a boldness of the new world and an unwavering pursuit of excellence.
- Bad Birdy: Renowned as "The One Woman Show," Bad Birdy leads a Mexology Fest workshop on Aged Barrel Cocktails. Participants will embark on a journey exploring the intricate world of aged spirits, understanding the intricacies of barrel aging, and mastering the delicate dance of blending varying ages for the most refined taste. Whether showcasing her skills in a Master Class in London, partnering with 1800 Tequila and Jack Daniel's, or launching a coveted Limited Edition Mezcal with La Luna earlier this year, Bad Birdy has been at the forefront of the mixology revolution.
- Saeed "Hawk" House: Join Hawk for his hands-on workshop "Hacking Your Own Raicilla, Tequila & Mezcal Cocktails at Home." Participants will put their creations to the test in a blind taste challenge, with the winning cocktail securing a spot on the menu at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit. With over a decade of bartending prowess that took him from San Diego to the Bay Area, and back to Los Angeles, Hawk has carved a niche for himself with his intoxicating creations that have been celebrated by publications such as Esquire, Forbes, and LA Weekly.
- Camille Wilson: An NYC-based dynamo of the drink world, Camille Wilson's mission is to empower everyday individuals to transform their homes into happy-hour havens. Her influence began with the launch of her blog in 2018, and has extended to partnerships with major brands and the recent release of her book, "Free Spirit Cocktails." Recognized by Food & Wine as one of the "20 Black Mixologists You Need on Your Radar", Camille's "Make Your Own Mocktail" workshop is a refreshing approach to cocktail-making without the hangover.
- Fátima León: As the General Director and co-founder of Runneght/RTD, Fátima León is at the forefront of innovative non-alcoholic distilled beverages and cocktails. Collaborating with culinary luminaries like Mauro Colagrecco, Andoni Luis Aduriz, and pastry chef Chris Ford, her creativity is especially unique. Named 2017's "Best Bartender in Mexico" and eighth in the world, she's a WSET Level 2 certified bar consultant for brands like Johnnie Walker and Don Julio.
- Miguel Angel Bolaños Rodríguez and Laura Daniela Jardón Ruiz, representing Rayo Cocktail Bar: Rayo Cocktail Bar recently earned a coveted spot on North America's 50 Best Bars 2023 list as a new entry. The bar takes inspiration from the Mayahuel, a pre-Columbian goddess associated with agave, serving cocktail and mocktail options inspired by Mexican mythology. Travelers can join their award-winning bar team, Miguel Angel Bolaños Rodríguez and Laura Daniela Jardón Ruiz, finalists from Mexico's 2022 competition of "Diageo World Class," recognized as the most important cocktail competition worldwide, for an unforgettable pairing dinner at the resort's fine dining Mexican restaurant, Frida.
Mexology Fest is included in the all-inclusive rate at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit starting at $488 per person per night in double occupancy. The public is welcome to attend select events for a fee. The Luxury All-inclusive plan at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit also includes a la carte gourmet meals at a variety of specialty restaurants, premium branded beverages, 24-hour in-suite service, fitness center, taxes, gratuity, and more. For more information, please visit https://mexologyfest.
About Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit:
The AAA Five Diamond Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit enjoys a privileged natural setting with flowering, landscaped gardens beside a long stretch of pristine beach and a dramatic backdrop of the Sierra Madre mountains. The resort features 267 ocean-view suites, some with private plunge pools. Of the resort's six restaurants, four, serving French, Italian, Asian and Mexican gourmet cuisine, have received AAA Four Diamond awards for distinguished cuisine and presentation. With treatments inspired by the native traditions of Mexico and a signature Water Journey, SE Spa has been included on Forbes Travel Guide's list of The World's Most Luxurious Spas. Other features include an oversized pool, fitness center, 24/7 in-suite service, water sports, tennis, Baby Concierge, Kids' Club, and state-of-the-art Teens' Club. The all-inclusive resort in the Riviera Nayarit features more than 15,064 square feet of indoor meeting facilities. Eduardo Vela Ruiz, founder and president of Velas Resorts, operates Velas Resorts with brother Juan Vela, vice president of Velas Resorts, by his side. Explore tips, recipes, lifestyle and travel trends, and the latest news about Velas Resorts on the digital mag: www.velasmagazine.com.